Listening and Speaking (Dialogue B)
Please listen to the following dialogue and then answer the questions based on it. We suggest that you first listen to the dialogue at least once all the way through to become acquainted with it before attempting to answer the questions. When you are ready, listen to each question and use "Voice Board" in Wimba to record your audio responses to the questions. Label your responses carefully so your instructor can find them easily.
There are two new vocabulary words that you will need to know in order to understand the dialogue:
لها she has
The dialogue takes place between two individuals who have met briefly in the past but do not know each other. The first speaker (Fadi) is male. He has a cousin named Thuraya. The second speaker (Hannah) is female and she is a friend of Thuraya's.
- Transcriptكيف حال ثريّة؟ | TranslationHow is Thuraya?
- Transcriptما لها؟ | TranslationWhat does she have?
- Transcriptوكيف سيارة ثريّة؟ | TranslationWhat is Thuraya's car like?
- Transcriptمن أين ثريّة؟ | TranslationWhere is Thuraya from?
- Transcriptمن أين فادي؟ | TranslationWhere is Fadi from?
- Transcriptمن أين هناء؟ | TranslationWhere is Hannah from?
- Transcriptكيف مدينة تلهاسي؟ | TranslationHow is Tallahassee?
- Transcriptأين ثريّة؟ | TranslationWhere is Thuraya?
- Transcriptكيف نقول "me too" ؟ | TranslationHow do we say "me too" in Arabic?
Hint: Listen to Fadi's last line. What does he say right before saying "goodbye?"